Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

volume analysis

sayboula

hi pro e users,

i am a mould designer and i am designing a bottle of water of 1 liter for the first time.so the problem is how i could know the exact dimension to draw ,that give me this precise volume.

is there a feature or a way that help me in solving this issue.

thanks in advance

reply please this is very important

This is possible with BMX or Behavioural modeling. At least that was so in the earlier versions. Since I am equipped with most modules, I would not know the difference.<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">The procedure is thus....<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
  1. Give a SHAPE to the bottle (Size can be approximate).
  2. Volume of water V = Volume of bottle before shelling (say Vol_1) - Volume after shelling(hollowing) say Vol_2.
  3. Perform a Volume analysis before shelling and Save it as a feature.
  4. Shell the bottle with face open from the top.
  5. Define TWO planes between which water shall be contained (considering there is going to be some empty space from the bottle top to the water level.
  6. Perform a volume analysis and save as a feature say Vol_2.
  7. Insert an analysis feature V = Vol_1 - Vol_2
  8. Perform an optimization analysis with a target of 1l by varying the desired dimensions.
Good Luck.

Model a part to an approximate size, then use pull down menu ANALYSIS, then MEASURE, then VOLUME. Adjust size as needed.

thanks a lot guys,SRINI and JERRYT
<DIV>SRINI all goes fine but how do i </DIV>

1. <LI>Insert an analysis feature V = Vol_1 - Vol_2
    <LI>Perform an optimization analysis with a target of 1l by varying the desired dimensions.</LI>

i should vary the dimensions manually is that correct? so that i got my desired volume.

there is no such features that do it automatically? optimization...?

if so can u upload a tutorial which might be very useful to me

thanks in advance

sayboula said:
there is no such features that do it automatically? optimization...?
SRINIVASANIYER1 already told you, you need BMX - Behavioral Modeling Extension for automatic optimization. But you could probably vary one dimension and do your own linear interpolation.

Assuming you have BMX, Analysis-->optimization...

Please read through the help files on "Behavioural Modeling". You may find a video on your particular case too either in youtube or on PTC's site. You may require to Login to the site.

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/beh11984/beh11984.htm

If the variables are SINGLE, e.g say height or Diameter, then you may probly do an Excel analysis with a Goal Seek. Though single variable goal seek is a feature of Excel, I do not know whether it works with Proe data.

Try it.
Edited by: SRINIVASANIYER1

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back