Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Using spinal bend to create a perfect helix

zhirayr

View attachment 131

Here is the section i want to project into a helix (like a hose with intricate cuts). I was wondering if I can use spinal bend to do this. Or can I apply helical swp?

Thanks

Zhirayr

View attachment 387

So here is the helix I created to specification using helical sweep. Now is there anyway of turning this tube into a stent with the above pattern I have (both same diameter same thickness). Please could anyone give me step by step instructions because I am new to Pro/Eng

Many thanks

Zhirayr

Ok but I really am inexperienced with spinal bend. Can I use parametric equations to specify the spine trajectory? The pitch of the helix is 15mm and of circular radius 1.25mm. Hence the equations for a helix would be 1.25sint, 1.25cost, 15t right?

Please can someone help

Zhirayr

Zhiraya,

when u work it out can u make a post :)

also forward to model over as i would love to have a play with that type of model construction

:)

Regards Puppet

It is possible because I though I saw a picture on the previous thread. Any way, maybe zhirayr could post the basic model to save us creating this portion. I will work on it time permitting

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back