Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

use Weblink to locate drawing symbols

wintersm

2009-09-29_195249_DrawingSearch.zip

I have been working on a drawing search tool using weblink. The tool prompts the user to input keyword(s) to search within the current sheet or all sheets for notes and/or symbols containing the keyword(s).

I can obtain a list of notes and symbols containing the keywords, but I cannot locate the very well on the drawing. Some of our drawings are very cluttered, so a method of highlighting/locating everything would be very helpful.

I am able to locate the notes and I place a bright box around the matching notes when the user clicks "Preview". However, I cannot do the same with drawing symbols. The symbols appear to be a bit trickier, so I have only been able to change their color temporarily. I have also been able to add a temporary leader to certain symbols. The temporary leader is one originating at (0,0,0) so it is very easy to trace back to the symbol.

I have tried working with the symbols' transforms, but they do not appear to point to the right location.

I have attached a zip of the javascript, html, andpfcUtils.jsfor those interested in learning and those interested in helping.

I would REALLY like to be able to modify the view to zoom in to the object in question.

Thanks for any suggestions . . .

-Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back