Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

unite/subtract problems

mmf144

Hello,

I've been trying for some time to "create" a part model from two half-cavity models. I thought I could simply unite the two cavity models, then subtract them as tool bodies from a block to get my part. However, I am unable to unite the cavities together for two separate reasons that seem to alternate with the hour: (a) "non-manifold solid" and (b) "thru face does not intersect path of the tool." I've tried extruding/offsetting various faces to no avail and have run out of ideas.

I know it's probably fruitless for anyone to help me unite these things without having the model in front of them, but was hoping for any help. Are there other ways to go about getting a solid model from the empty space between of two separate models? Is it a waste of time?

Thanks!

Matt

extract faces from each halfand stitch them with loose tolereance and make it into solid and do the sameother half seperately and unite them I hope i undertand ur question correctly.

praveen

If you assemble the two cavities together in a part file you can assemble that part and wave the part body and use that to get your desired result.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back