Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Understanding Pro Engineer Licencing

bazzafal

Hi there,

does anyone have a good site for understanding the various levels of Pro Engineer liscencing and add ons and what each of them do?

I have been given a copy of our current licence and its heavily text based and not sure what the various elements are for example what the various "optional modules " are and how much they are costing us.

If the modules are in a bundle, the pricing is adjusted.

A Flex3C/Enterprise SE bundle lists for ~$22,500, individually priced, the modules cost ~$65K. Depending on your company's contract and useage, trhe price you pay for a license and maintenamce can vary. One company I worked for paid $10K for a Enterprise SE license, another paid $17.5K. Vol;ume discounts are great.

The base level is Foundation XE. This includes all the basic Pro/E functionality (parts, assemblies, drawings, sheetmetal, rendering, etc.) plus Mechanism Design (MDX), Assembly performancs (APX) which is simplified reps & shrinkwraps, Animation (DAO) and Import Data Doctor (DDO).

The next level adds Windchill PDMLink.

Beyond that is Advanced XE which gives you all of Foundation XE plus PDMLink plus one add on. You get to choose from Advanced Assy (AAX), Behavioral Modeling (BMX), Interactive Surfacing (ISDX), Mechanism Dynamics (MDO)and Cabling and Piping (PCX).

Beyond that is Enterprise SE which gives you all of those options plus Windchill ProjectLink.

Your VAR should be able to get you a nice spreadsheet showing a lot more detail. Pricing, as indicated, depends a lot on how many you're buying and how motivated your VAR is. I think list on Foundation XE is $5K, and the levels jump in ~$5K increments, but I'm not certain on that at all.

Of course, pricing (and maybe bundles) likely vary in different countries too.

We are based in the UK but our pricing is in $ as we are part of a US group.

I willl know more about what we have and whats available as I am meeting with our service providers in next day or so.

From dgs desrciption, it looks like we have the basic package along with Windchill (as we have INTRAlink)

I'm not sure if we also have an advanced surface modelling add on, as we have one item on the list as "Interactive Surface Design Extension Module"?

Its probably pointless me asking anymore questions about it until I have a meeting with our providers and see what they can offer us, Thanks for the feedback.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back