Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unable to create part with skeleton

g_spy20

I am creating a TDD using a skeleton containing all of my datums. I have created a top level assembly and now I wish to create parts that include the features(datums) in my skeleton.

I have followed the following steps: Insert > component > create > named > copy from existing

I browse to find my skeleton and click OK. The information toolbar shows "Loading 2 tolerance tables..."

Message repeats and doesnt allow me to continue.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

I can't give you the exact details for doing so, but if you look up publish geometry in the help files, it should give you the information you need.

I am doing research on the publish geometry feature and it looks promising. However, with the assembly I am working on I need to be able to rename and break the tie between parents and children. This will allow me to reuse some of the children in other/future assemblies.

Does publish geometry update if the copied geometry is updated? If so, is there a way to break the tie?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back