Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UGS NX5 Error message

arusan

Hello All:

Any body knows how to solve this error message always appears when I try to start the application :

Initialization error - UGII_TMP_DIR was set to a directory with invalid (non-ASCII) character.

Thanks in advance....
smiley2.gif

This will resolve your problem

Began as a system variable, a valid directory, eg:
UGII_TMP_DIR = C:\temp

For this Define UGII_TMP_DIR = C:\temp in the environmental variables. In Mycomputer->RMB>properties>Advanced>Environmenta l Variable

The variable, as you have called it, is the NX program folder ugii and called ugii_env.dat.It shows default on the system folder tmp, in the environment variable is set.You can also here the path changed by you here as a path above appearance Or you Advanced System environment variables. Hier findest Here you will find two entries for TMP and TEMP. This you must check whether they exist, and whether they contain special characters. You can of course, the path to a different directory. The concerns but all Windows applications that use this path

Gaurav

Edited by: gauravphadtare

1.First go to the desktop..
2.Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop.
3.In the drop dwon menus, slect Properties.
4.It will launch System properties UI.
5.In this UI click on Advanced Tab.
6.In the Advanced click on Environmenta Variable.
7.It will launch Environmental Variables UI.
8.in this UI click on New
9.It will launch New User Variable UI.
10.In this UI type Variable name as UGII_TMP_DIR
11. and enter variable value as C:\temp
12.Click on Ok.

So this will completes defining the environmental variable UGII_TMP_DIR.
After this launch NX5 and let me know if any issue persists.
Let me know...if this helps.
smiley4.gif

Gaurav

Edited by: gauravphadtare

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back