Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UG into STP

homer2210

I have a file that contains solids, sheets and wireframe, I want to translate all of this into a stp file.
When I translate from UG into stp, it seems after translating into another CAD package it only translates solids, no sheet or wireframe. Is this because stp only translates solids?? Is there some option I have to choose before translating to also make it take the sheets and wireframe?

Sheets and solids should be able to be translated into STEP if you set it up right.

Wireframe is not part of the STEP spec. Use IGES and you should get all three types. IGES can also translate the drawings.

I figured it out, there is an option where you can select sheets and wireframe, then you have to create a settings file. I got it to work good.
I do not want to make and iges file, because an iges does not creat solids, only sheets and wireframe therefore making the file size much larger than a solid step file

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back