Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Two Workstations - Same User

SrGilberto

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have a question and I don't want to find out the answer by experience (in case something blows up).

I have recently been given a second Pro/E work station and we use Intralink (3.4).

I can log into Intralink on both workstations as the same user. My question: If I am logged into IntraLink on one workstation and am also logged into the other workstation as the same user, how does Intralink keep itself updated and in agreement on both workstations. Another way of putting it: If I modify something on one workstation and save it and the modification gets registered in Intralink on one workstation does the other intralink on the second workstation recognize the change automatically?

I think you probably understand the situation I'm trying to describe.

Thanks again for your assistance,

SrGilberto

If your workspaces are on the local hardisk then it is not any problem. It would be just like if you use 2 different usernames. What you change on one pc and check in to commonspace have to be check out to the workspace on the other pc.

If you workspaces are on a shared drive then I will not recommend to do it. You will end up with corropted data and can loose all your workspaces.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back