Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Twist in belt

kenppy

I have a number of connections to make similar to this. A 16mm wide belt twists through some planes, this one is is through 90. A boundary blend necks it in the middle. There must be an easy way to do this?
thanks,
View attachment 5326

Kenppy:

One way is to do this with VSS. I ahev attached an example of a twisted part that would be similar to what you are trying to do. This example only addresses the 90 degree twisted section. The twist angle can be any angle you want by changing the relation in the VSS sketch. I use this because on the problems with boundary blend that you have also discovered.

Second option may be to do the entire belt using VSS by creating another sketch curve that would represent one edge of your belt.

Bob

WF4 model:

2011-08-11_081807_test_twist.prt.zip
Edited by: Bob_W

thanks, I'll try that next time. I used vss with the second curve through points and tangential to the quadrants as a line to guide the twist, I expect it comes to the same thing, just needed it to look right.View attachment 5327

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back