Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Turning off hole labels

fredws

I have a part that I added a threaded hole to, but the information label that shows up now makes it difficult to see other details. How do I turn the label off?

TIA!

Set your config.pro option to permanently turn 3D notes off.

model_note_display NO

Thanks robertd!

Jason,

where do I find config.pro? Is it just a text file in my application directory?

Thanks!

Fred

Goto Utilities/Options and it's and then select the showing Tab and Select /appl/ptc/proe2001/text/config.pro its about 6 lines down after mapkeys.

If you just go to Utilities/Options like robertd says, you will see the defualt config.pro file. Just modify and save this one.

You can also save one in your initial working directory (startup directory). Pro/E will automatically read this config.pro file on startup and apply those settings. That way if you ever re-install Pro/E you will not loose your config.pro.

Fred,

The previous technique will affect all parts/assemblies each time you bring them into a session of Pro/E. You may find it necessary to control these notes individually. For instance, there may be a dozen notes within the *.prt/asm and you need to see only 2 or 3 of them. This can be done within the model tree.

http://www.proecentral.com/uploads/images/reply_view.jpg

Note the highlighted hole feature (Hole id 151) in the added view and it is expanded to show a note. By RIGHT clicking on the note in the model tree a submenu appears with 6 options (Move, Erase, Delete, Text Style..., Modify, & Info). Select Erase and the note will disappear on the screen. RIGHT click on the note again and the submenu shows 4 options (Show, Delete, Modify, & Info). Select Show and the note will reappear on the screen.

Hope this helps

Regards R. Exley

[email protected]

When I go to Utilities>Options, all I have is Current Session, is this normal?

R. Exley,

how did you get the note to show up as a child under the model tree? I don't see where to expand, there is not a plus sign by hole in my model tree.

Thanks guys!

Fred

Yes that is normal if you do not have write access to the main config.pro. Use the save as icon to save it in the directory you launch Pro.

To show notes in the model tree go to TREE/ITEM DISPLAY and check the box marked Notes.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back