Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

TRYING TO SYMPLIFY ASSEMBLY

chesterman

I am creating an assembly of a starter motor and housing. Eventually I am going to use it in a full model of a Kawasaki motor. In the motor assmbly the only thing that will be inportant is the exterior geometry (for placement clearances) and the bolt hole locations. I want to keep the full motor assembly as small as possible. Is there any way I can assemble the starter into the motor as a prt. file instead of an asm. file, so it doesn't have to piggyback or reference all of the starter's individual part files.

Create a merged part and use only the relevant parts or create or maybe create a shrinkwrap part.

Hello

Try this,

Create an assembly shrinkwrap. Feature > create > data sharing.

Enter a value for the quality from the Shrinkwrap attributes window > Done

Select Comp Subset > Define > Ignore > Select the components from the assembly which you don

Here is another option. In the assembly you wish to represent as a single fast part create a new component called part_num_shrink and assemble it to the default coordinate csys. Use Modify > mod Part and pick this new part. Use feature create>data sharing> shrinkwrap. Use quality 3 and OK. When it is done you will have a very small fast part you can assemble into the next assembly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back