Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

trajectory in mechanism

maki

Hello everybody!

How can I make visible the mechanism trajectory of the edge part which is in moving?

Thanks!

Regards,

Maki

Maki,

Add a datum pt to the edge where you want to determine the trajectory.Start Mechanism.Run your simulation. After your simulation is complete, go to the Mechanism Menu (between View and Table). Select trace curve option. You'll be prompted to pick the point that you want to measure's trajectory and also the paper part. (where the trace curve will show up) You'll also need to pick your analysis. Hit ok and you are done.

Trapper00

if u want to drive motion using snap shots u need to use animation and not mechanism.

u need to make a slot connection in u hydrolic cylinder and then a plane to plane or plane to point drive to move it.

then set up your analysis as u have done.. this will produce ur video file. and then do all the above posts :)

Thanks!

You could be more specific for the trajectory of equipment? I know how can do the video and the animation.

I send you the animation video on mail.

Maki

u sent me a 2 frame thingy done via snap shots.

do it with a driver and u can see the full range of movement

once you have the motion analysis

mechanism--->trace curve

paper part is the entire assembly

then pick a point you want the motion to trace from. ( use a vertex or create a point)

make it a 2d curve as your only running in 1 plane.

then ur pc will think about it for 10 seconds and give u a curve.

Thanks very much!

It work!
smiley2.gif

Bye!

A very nice day,

Maki

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back