Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tails on Leaders

herb

I noticed when I add a dia., rad. dimension, or even a linear dimension on a slope that the dimension is shown without a horizontal "tail". I would like all the afore mentioned dimensions to have a horizontal "tail". I have been told this option is in the detail config file, but I cannot find it. Does anyone know what this option is called?

For WF3, right click on the drawing outside of any view. Select Properties then Drawing Options. Go to the dimension section and check the value for "dim-leader-length". I think it is set to zero, change it to the value you want thenapply the change. Return to the drawing and create a diameter or radial dimension. If there is no leader, then check the other values in the drawing options.

The drawing options come from the .dtl file specified in the "pro_dtl_setup_dir" config option. The drawing options dialog box has icons to save or load a .dtl file to set the values the way you want fora particular drawing.

You should also be able to highlight the dim and be able to move left or right and the leader should add a straight line with the elbow.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back