Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

T-fitting with one large dia

hellomoto

Help. I was able to model this Tee fitting easily. All ports are the same diameter. However, I need to make the upper port (labeled A) a larger dia (e.g. 2.5 inch). I am stuck now. Any suggestions on how to do this?

View attachment 5921
I tried creating sketches to do a loft, but I just can't get the intersecting joint right. If the upper port was perpendicular like typical Tee fittings, then this would be easy. so the question is, how to make this Tee fitting (shown in the second picture) but with an angled in-port instead of perpendicular, like the first picture?

View attachment 5922Thanks in advance using SW2011

Edited by: hellomoto

Hellomoto,

I think it all comes down to how do you want that geometry to loft from 2.5" to 1"... In my case, I just created a similar intersection as shown in your second pic. Building it with surfaces, I used a "split line" to project my intersection curve with the existing 1" pipe... I built in a way that the angle was parametric, so this is the result:

View attachment 5923

View attachment 5924

View attachment 5925

Can you recreate this?

Jim Shaw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shawengineering
Edited by: jimshaw

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back