Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Style Reps in Part mode

78finn

In assembly mode using Style Reps you can view parts different from each other i.e. switch some to line and some to solid etc.

Can you do something similar in Part mode i.e. switch all surfaces to line work and keep all solid geometry as solid colour?

This would be very useful when copying complex reference surfaces into a new part.

Can anything like this be set in layers?

You Could Set Transparency level and Use Quilts as seletion type to select single and grouped surfaces Grouped meaning Quilt. A Cylinder would be a quilt containing the Conical side/s and top bottom face.

You could use layers to select the Quilts Surfaces to paint but Setting Color or transparency by layer is not directly possible to my knowledge.

The other thing to check out is the config option

shade_surface_features no
This will prevent proe/creo from displaying surfaces shaded in shaded mode.
View attachment 5737
Whereabouts in Australia do you hail from? Just curious.
Although I'm American I too use Colour sometimes and other extra letter spellings humour etc.
smiley4.gif

now lets see if MCAD flags me as a spammer can't they tell this is from a users account and not some weirdo selling handbags. ^Copying just in case

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Hi there...

Thanks for the replay back...although I did figure out a very obviously solution that I really should have realized before :)...

Keep
the view as solid. Hide the quilt or surface in the model tree. Then
click on hidden quilt in the tree. This then shows you a line
representation of the quilt.

I'm English, but live and work in
Melbourne. Colour...well its the Queens English - don''t wanna be
messing with that old battle axe...she lop your head off son! ; )

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back