Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

stretching center marks

Tunalover

Folks-

Years ago I guy showed me how to uniformly move (or lengthen) all four endpoints of a center mark by using an auxilliary key in conjunction with the movement of one endpoint. Basically I need to know how to unformly enlarge or shrink a center mark. Does anyone know how to do this? I long ago forgot how to do it and have been trying to eyeball the length of all four points separately (a laborious process).

Thanks!

Tunalover

Charles-

You mean that as long as the axis display is ON, if I move one endpoint then all four move in (or out) accordingly?

No, you need to grab the 'A##' (axis symbol) to move,not the endpoint of one.

Sometimes this may take couple of tries depending on your zoom level and other drafting entities around.

Thanks charleskim! A bit awkward (probably due to my cheap graphics card) but MUCH BETTER than the way I was doing it!

smiley1.gif

Grab towards the center like what jrobi stated and you should see the cursor turn to a 4 way move, if you want 1 endpoint to move go to the end of the axis and you should see the cursor turn to either an up & down or side to side cursor.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back