Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

START PART PROBLEM

dileepgupta_g

I HAVE CREATED ONE PART WITHOUT START PART NOW I WANT THIS SAME PART IN START PART, IS IT POSIBLE PLEASE TELL IF YOU HAVE SOLUTION...

Yes, you can

If your first feature is not a protrusion it is easy to do
If your first feature is a protrusion it takes a little bit longer.

it can be done?????
smiley3.gif

dell boy please let us know how.

I would try to add all the features (Not the default ddatum) to a UDF. The insert the UDF to a new part made with a startpart. It you do not have default datum in your model then you have to add then first. It can be done in this way:

1. <LI>Insert a skeleton</LI>
    <LI>Insertmode after skeleton</LI>
    <LI>Insert default datums. </LI>
    <LI>Remove insert mode</LI>
    <LI>Redefine referance to the first feature after the default datums</LI>
    <LI>Now you can continue to make the UDF</LI>

Here's what I would do:

1. <LI>Create a new blank part based on your start part</LI>
    <LI>create a new blank assy (makes copying features easier)</LI>
    <LI>Assemble part you want to copy in default location in the assy</LI>
    <LI>Assemble new, blank part in the assy. Make sure the default planes are on, that it isoriented the same way as the existing partand it doesn't overlap the existing part</LI>
    <LI>Activate the new part (Right mouse on the new part in the model tree and select activate)</LI>
    <LI>Select edit -> Feature operations -> Copy</LI>
    <LI>Select New Refs, FromDifModel and Independent. Then hit Done.</LI>
    <LI>Select the existing part as the part to copy from.</LI>
    <LI>Select all the features of the existing part, except the default panes and click OK.</LI>
    <LI>Select Same Dims and Done</LI>
    <LI>You'll then be prompted for the references, one by one, for the features. It should be only the default three planes. Pick them one at a time in the new part.</LI>
    <LI>You'll be prompted fro direction for each feature that uses the planes. Make sure the arrows point the same way in both parts.</LI>
    <LI>Select done to complete the copy.</LI>

You should now have a duplicate of your part based on your start part. You can erase and delete the assy.

DGS: This is a nice solution.

You will need a AAX license to be able to insert a skeletonmodet. The bennefit is that a skeleton vill always be the first feature. This way you can insert datumsafter theskeleton and that will then be after your first featuer that is missing the datums. With tha AAX you just add the skeleton just like a new component just select that it is a skeleton.

To clarify - No skeleton and no AAX needed with my solution. Actually, you don't need the assy,you could start at #6 in the new part and browse to the old. The assy just saves a bunch of window switching.

Also, be careful when selecting references in the new part that you don't select assembly planes instead.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back