Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SolidWorks2004 to Wildfire 2

dr_gallup

I searched all the old posts but didn't see any up to date info on converting from Solidworks2004 to Pro/E Wildfire 2.

I thought an ACIS (.sat) file would bring in a feature based parametric file but the only one I had to test failed to convert more tha 99% of the entities. All I got was a coordinate system (I think). It was ACIS version 13 created by Solidworks2004.

My experience with STEP & IGES is that they result in a dumb block of geometry without features or parametrics. Is this still the case?

Since Solidworks seems to be the most popular modeler at the moment I would think a robust interface into WF would be a big selling point for PTC.

Don't bother telling me about service bureas or direct translators. I work for a very penny wise and pound foolish company which has a cow anytime we want to spend money on this kind of thing.

Don't bother telling me about service bureas or direct translators. I work for a very penny wise and pound foolish company which has a cow anytime we want to spend money on this kind of thing.

Havent seen any company's that spend money like water lately anywhere :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back