Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks Network Licensing

hammerpe

Hi all,

I would have posted this under network administration but that forum is filled with spam posts dated back to 1899!!

I am new to solidworks. I have used Pro/E for the past 12 years so I have some Cad experience :) I have been on Solidworks for about a month now. I started using this because one of my clients recently purchased it. I am trying to get things set up for them. So I'm sure I will have a bunch of questions. Right now I am trying to figure out the licensing. They have Solidworks installed on three different machines, When I went to install it on a fourth machine I had to transfer one of the licenses to the fourth machine. The fourth machine is actually the CAD server which will be hosting the vault for workgroup PDM. So I did some research and it seemed like we could go to a network license where the server would use FlexLM to distribute the licenses on an as needed basis. In talking with our reseller they say it will cost $2,000 to upgrade to a network license. Is there another way to get around the transfer of licenses with something like dongles (currently there are no dongles being used). It would be a lot easier if we could just swap a dongle from one machine to another rather than transfer a license every time we needed one.

Thanks!

-Paul

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back