Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SOLID layer empty in drawings

andras

Dear All,

I've been reading this forum for a while and have to say I found many answers to my questions. This time, however I cannot solve a problem I'm having with drawing layers, and it's driving me crazy.

I have a large amount of sheet metal parts with the same layer structure (coming from a common layer template) and the "SOLID" layer has one feature added called "SolidGeom" .

When I click on the "SOLID" layer it highlight my solid geometry in part mode. When I add the same part to a drawing and click on "SOLID" again it does nothing, appears to be empty.

Exporting to DXF for laser cutting machine produces many layers, most lines being on layer "0" and some long edges randomly added to "CHAMFER".

What am I doing wrong? How can I force all of the contour lines of the solid geometry to go in a single layer? I have tried changing the dxf export settings but no luck there. As it appears that the solidGeom isn't grabbing the outlines, instead they remain unassigned and pushed to layer "0" (as far as I'm concerned it's a special layer, cannot be renamed or deleted in Autocad).

I appreciate any help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back