Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

solid assembly tools in proman

cncwhiz

I am working on building a data base of all my tools in holders. This will be a time consuming task to get them all done. I am doing this so when the tool runs in vericut it will show if the holder hits the fixture or part. I have tested it and it works. I know you can buy vericut that can do this but it costs alot of bucks. My problem is when you bring in the tool by "copy" or "reference". This works fine until you close the file. When you open the file again it loses the solid geometry. I then have to find all the tools again. Is there a way to have these tools save as a solid? I looked in config pro and did not find anything for this?

< = defer>

setthe config.pro option "pro_mf_tprm_dir = your tools library folder path" and it will always make u happy. Remember one thing, after making a tool perfectly, dont change sizes of any tool, but make new tools for new sizes, other wise you will face problems. Your old files must effect.

smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif

< = defer>

another way is that chose the solid tool parts that you want to use in any perticular project, copy all them in the working directory and use them.

Peter,

I am creating assemblies in ProE. A lot of my tools are form tools that are already modeled in pro.

CNC,

Not a problem with which I am overly familiar, since we use Intralink. It appears to me that you have a search path problem and it is not locating your tool .prt and .asm files.

With Intralink, when I check out a .mfg file all the related tools and components come with it automatically.

Regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back