Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketcher Palette

richgilleland

How do I add a sketch to the sketcher palette in WF3? does anyone have a structural steel palette (i-beams, angle, ..) they would like to share or no where i can find one.

Thank You for your time

Rich

Hi Rich
I hope I can help you: in order to have your own profile in a sketcher palette you have to do two steps:
1. You have to save in a dedicated folder (created by you) a .sec file (this can be done during a sketcher creation by saving the sketch, and after that you can rename it as you wish) for each profile that you want.
2. In the config.pro file you will have to add or modify the following:
sketcher_palette_path C:\.......\folder_name (the folder name with the .sec files created at first point). My setting is sketcher_palette_path F:\Start_WF4_ProE\PTC_STD_WF\sketch_vari

I attach to this description an image with the settings that I have on my PC; you will see that I have different sub-folder in the main folder called "sketch_vari",View attachment 5366
and each of these folders are reflected on the window of sketcher palette under ProE.

This is all.

Adrian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back