Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

shell meshing

Gerry968

Hi All,

I have just created some mid-surfaces for a part, but these surfaces don't connect as they are slightly offset from each other. Is it possible to create a connecting mesh between two seperatesurfaces/shells in Mechanica mode? If so, how is it done?

Another question on the same part. I wish to do vibration analysis on the assembly, but theassembly is constrained at the exact same location as where the load is applied. I am doing the analysis on a car mirror, where the mirror is constrained at one end, but the load also is transferred through this end. Does anyonehave any tips on this? Using Wildfire 2.0.

Ger

Thanks for the help, ndk, I managed to get my assembly meshed.

Just on the second question, I am looking to do vibration analysis on the car mirror shown below.

View attachment 870

The mirror is connected to the windscreen via area A. I am looking to run a vibration analysis on the mirror, where the vibration source is from the windscreen of a moving car. The mirror has to be constrained at area A, while a sinusoidal vibration load must pass through the same area. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set this up in Mechanica mode?

Ger.

Thanks again ndk,

Just a quick question on running a dynamic frequency analysis. How would you apply a 1G acceleration to the model and where then will I find the modal frequencies?

Also, does anyone have any step by step tutorials on running a vibrational analysis on a model?

Ger.

You will need to carry out a modal analysis before doing a vibration analysis. If you want to apply a 1G load through the constraints, then you need to do a 'base excitation' analysis. This simulates a part being vibrated on a shaker table, so it is the most common type of vibration analysis carried out. Then you will need to determine your frequency range and your forcing function. For a 1G sweep, just use a uniform forcing function and use a value of 1G (=9810 mm/s^2) in the direction you want apply the acceleration in.

I have more info on my web-site. Go to [url]www.elite-consulting.com/pro%20mechanica%20hints%20tips%20tr icks.htm[/url]and download the Analysis of Valve Mounting Duct presentation.

Cheers,

Rod

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back