Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheetmetal bend notes

flwad

I copied an sheet metal part and got the drawing copied as well. When I showed the bend notes for the new part, the notes had moved from above the line to below the line. See Attached. This is consistant throughout the drawing. Does anyone know how to change this back, or how it occurred? TIA

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 8
The side in which the note information is on is based on how the flat is oriented on the sheet. The controlling side is being referenced by the line and the side the arrow is on shows the bend direction relative to the screen and the controlling side. If it's on top of the bend information, the contolling side is the side shown. If it's on the bottom, the controlling side is the back of the side shown.

The orientation of the view and def surf of the part have not changed. I'm not sure what you mean by the contolling side. Please elaborate.

TIA

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 6
now this part is flatten this up and down arrows indicates the bending direction and angle refers how much it has to bend.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back