Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheetmetal bend line graphics

Sophini

I saw another post but the problem I am having with sheetmetal bendlines is different.

The only way i can see bend lines in drawings is if i turn on "sketches" in the dropdown menu at the top (the glasses icon). Is this that way for everyone?The problem this creates is when I print, it prints all sketches. I don't want to have to turnoff all sketches in all the parts (we use a multi page drawing setup).The workaround that my company uses is to redraw the lines in the drawing (we want the lines to be red and stand out in the drawing). This also takes a lot of time.

Thanks for any input

First, see OPTIONS -> SYSTEM OPTIONS -> DOCUMENT PROPERTIES -> SHEET METAL. Maybe you have bad settings for colours.

If all is ok then:

Some times SW do not display the bending lines. That happened if you have some errors inthe part. Remember that SW do not display an error message for every error (I don't know whay - maybe there are some settings to do) but, in the tree manager, the errors are visible.

If you have not errors try that: Expand the tree manager until you see the FLAT-PATTERN item for the flattened view (in the drawing view). Under this item it is a SKETCH item. Make it visible. That solve some times the problem and you avoid to turn ON or OFF the visibilities of all the sketches.

Hope I can help you.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back