Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheet/template format question

probertson

i am trying to setup a template that can be somewhat "flexible on the fly" but the inability to customize the document properties in SHEETS is preventing this from happening....here is what I mean:

I want to create a template that has a standard first page sheet, then optional 2nd, 3rd, etc sheets by using the "add sheet" function. The problem is, all of my "Document Properties" that are nicely saved in the template do not carry to the new sheet. It looks like all this info is a default setting.

Does anyone know how I can save my document properties as a default or "custom set" that can be applied quickly to new sheets?

Thanks
-Paul

Either I'm too dense to understand why you're having problems or else you haven't clearly explained the problems. Normally -- and as long as you have saved the sheet format as well as the template -- when you Add Sheet, the result should be a sheet that looks and acts like the 1st sheet, including Custom Properties. Are you trying to do other than this?

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton
Watermark Design, LLC
Charlotte, NC
www.h2omarkdesign.com

Try Creating the other sheets using Copy Sheet similar to Excel by using the Sheet Tabs on the Bottom of the Window.

The Document Properties are for the Entire Drawing and are not Specific to Sheet. You can Create Properties like
SHEET1_MODIFY-DATE
SHEET2_CHECKED_BY etc so they can be shown in order and paste in the $PRPSHEET:pROP_NAME in as a note

IF you are using different models on each sheet you can extract the part info using the Model in Sheet Properties option and the parameters will be based on the model sown on the page.

COPY SHEET should bring whatever properties are on the First Sheet such as the Model should solve your problem. Add sheet isn't bringing this information over.

Michael

Sporky,

You are dead right. I don't know what i was doing wrong before, but indeed the template info is now carried over to the new sheet when I Add Sheet and is working like I thought it should....thanks for your reply as I would not have tried the same steps as before...

Michael,

Not sure what you mean with "copy sheet" because my right clicks only have the Add Sheet option (SW 2006) but nevertheless thanks for the info. You got be thinking how I can utilize the property links for each sheet as you describe.

Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back