Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheet metal forming

traileng

I am working on a part, and I can not get the bend function to work. Here is a description of the part. The part is an unattached wall withfour flanges on it, with thefourth flange returning to the orignial plane as thewall (bend down 90, bend over 90, bend up 90, bend over 90) This esentially creates a trough down the length of the sheet. Then I notched the trough with the v-groove. I want to bend the part perpendicular to the trough and close up the v-groove I created. this will create a part, with a trough that runs down over the edge.

I can not create the last bend feature to close up the v-groove. If is supress the last flange, it works, but as soon as I add the last flange, the flange that is parallet to the original flat wall, the bend fails.

Any help?

This is a pic of the part with out the bend I am trying to create.

here is the part with the last flange surpressed, and the bend works. I just need that last flange

Edited by: traileng

thanks for the responce.

We are running wildfire 3.0. I can't open this file because it was created in a newer releace of pro-e. Can you save it as a wildfire 3 file?

Unfortunately not, it's not backward compatible.

Can you give me your e-mail address and I'll take some snapshots and put them in a Powerpoint show to show you how to do it?

michael3130 said:
Unfortunately not, it's not backward compatible.

Can you give me your e-mail address and I'll take some snapshots and put them in a Powerpoint show to show you how to do it?

I guess thats PTC's trick to keep you coming back for more. I sent a pm with my email. Thanks for your help.

2009-10-01_112623_Sheet_Metal_Forming_01oct09.zip

Thought it was too big to upload...it isn't so here it is
smiley4.gif

Try making a solid part and converting to sheet metal by shell.

This will eliminate the wall that fails.

Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back