Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

shaft revolving problem.

prashanthsalu

hello Every one,

I am a new user and working on wildfire 2.0.i need to model a shaft where it has two diameters 45k6on which bearing will rest and adjacent to it is 45e10 on which the lipseal rests.

i tried revolving itin a stretch it but it fails .

then i tried revolving it with dia 45k6 and then cut revolving it with 45e10. but it does not work. (no effect )

please can any one help me on it.

regards prashant

u can only sketech on 1 side of the axis of revolution.

if u really want to have the mirrored side .. just select it and then rmb ---> construction

hello ,

I have uploaded the pictures and part.

pict2 with highlighted dimension with tolerancesis a example ofthe way i want steps on the shaft. (35k6 for length 17 and 35e10 for the remaininig 31-17= 14)

pict1 is my new shaft ot be made .on the right hand side is dia 45k6 .this dia i want for a length of 40 and the rest of the length (75-40=35) to be of 45e10 tol.

i know it can be done by two seperate revolves but that is notan engineering practice.

regards prashant

2005-05-27_072108_shaft.zip

Dear Prashant,

Went thru the files. Two methods of doing it.

1. Try creating a surface of dia 45 to a length of 75-40. Tolerance it to 45e10 or whatever.

OR

2. Both the dia being 45, there is hardly any visual demarkation. It is a good practice to add a groove at the demarkation say 0.5 deep. NOw you have two different diameters of 45. you may tolerance them independently.

Method 2 is the Engineering Method....
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back