Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Selecting multiple entities

Karol

I am using the "create sketch from entities" command to with items inserted from a DWG file.

I want to select the whole sketch at once, but when I draw a box around the objects-nothing happens, they are not selected, even if I press the ctrl/shift keys.

I can not select multiple lines in a sketch, I have to select them one by one.

Even when I try to select multiple entities, using box select by dragging the mouse and creating a box around the lines, they are not selected.

Selest the sketch in the design tree and useconvert ent to paste the sketch onto the plane you are using, it's more stable.

Use CTRL or SHIFT key. Press CTRL or SHIFT then select the entities.
Good luck ! And REMEMBER: SW is a program for windows.

I said I can't select using CTRL or SHIFT, the lines don't get selected!

I can't selekt first the sketch in the design tree, since when I do that, a square with the x and y arrows surrounds the sketch so I can move it, but when I select the "create sketch from entities" command-nothing happens.

When I first invoke the command, and select the sketch in the tree, and then return to the PropertyManager, there is no V mark (approval mark), just an x mark to dismiss the comand. it means nothing happened, I can't approve the sketch I selected.

I found the solution, I had to activate the sketch first, using "edit sketch", in order to be able to select objects.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back