Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SEEKING NEW LAPTOP

ginger

Hi,
iam looking for new laptop....ready to spent $1500... could any one pls advice me.

thanks in advance..

$1500 is not that good for a decent laptop ( well not here in UK anyways lol ). Im going for desktop instead and looking at around $5000.

hi,
i have found dell m1530 with following components.price around $1700.is it worthy to buy for working pro e cad sofware.
intel

I think that laptop should cope with anything that pro-e throws at it. I considered that laptop also, but I was going to exchange the graphics card for one of the Nvidia Quadro series, maybe the FX4600 which is now what im building into a desktop.

I agree skint, see if you can upgrade the video card to 512 quadro fx 3600m.

Just remember that even though you have 4 mb of ram that when you run vista you will probably only see just over 3 as the system grabs some ram for running system services etc. But Proe will never top put that much ram anyway, unless your running mechanica even then it may not.

I have been running Vista Ultimate with WF2 and WF4 for the last six months to see what problems there are and apart from the menus in wf2 showing incorrectly I have not had any issues. Crashes are actually less than on XP.

Hey Paddy thats good to know, I was unsure about Vista for a while. Thnking of going to Business Pro x64 bit... surely going to have driver issues with other programs no doubt.

Should pick up my new machine later this week I hope
smiley2.gif

Hi,

Beware of Dell of battery and power inventer problems.Battery can cause fire during the charging process and power inventer can fail on you. My ex-boss had replaced it six times over two years.

FYI, Lenovo laptop is better. I got two of T60 series for two years now and working fine. Check them out on their website. wwww.lenovo.com. After all, you willing spent $1500 for a laptop, might as well get a good one. Happy hunting.

Hoang

We are currently looking at the Dell M4400. Avoid the M90, we have not been real impressed. They are very heavy too (monstrous charger brick too).

dell m4400 is pretty good...but i am stuck while choosing video card,is this necessary to going for (NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700M, 512MB)..or better stick with NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, 512MB...i have doubt too is Quadro FX 770M better than GE 9 series...Is any one using dell m4400 pls share ur views...

thanks & regards
prakash.k

Edited by: ginger

hey, check the www.ibuypower.com store. They assemble gaming machines - basically awesome quality hardware and the price is great. I ve been assembling my desktops and laptops there for 4 years already. You can choose your configuration depending on the money you can afford to spend. To work with grafic software and arch/engeneering soft is much better option then to buy junk like dell or hp or others can offer...

The reason why I buy Dell is cause when I'm on Proe and using it a blistering speeds all day, I usually find that it can keep up with me no problem. When I am doing a full render of a product in Modo and using Proe whilstrunning a 3D scan of a product I can still log on to my favourite web site (this one) and I dont really have any problems. But when I do have a problem like if a memory module becomes bad, or the mother board fails, an engineer is out to me the next day, on site and gets it fixed for me, and saves me losing out on work.

The Piece of junk that you refer to so lovingly satisfy 90% of all users, we can't all be wrong!!
Edited by: mcgowanp

Back 2004( employer buy ) IBM think pad 1gb Ram 64 GB HDD ,128 Graphic card ;centrino technology and.... more other .2700 EUR.

Same machine,Wildfire 4.

Of course my IBM is already old,is still working good.

If i want spend money to change laptop now,i want replace with another IBM.

The price are low now
Edited by: cristelino

Seeking a laptop now a day to new technology. Laptop is a new trend for young generation use of study. Laptop benefit are save the time and use any place and Internet.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back