Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Search Paths

jvidal

Hello all,

Maybe you could enlight me on this matter:

I have my own personal library on my computer wich contains lots of standard parts that I use on my assemblies.

As many users I've come up with the necessity to create a search.pro file wich contains all my search paths (the directories contain spaces, so I've enclosed them in quotes ").

I then added the search_path_file to my config.pro file.

I have only one config.pro file being loaded - there are no overwritten options.

I am also sure that all my paths are contained on my search.pro file.

However I am still running into "missing component" errors when loading my assemblies.

Can anyone please give me a hint on how to solve this problem?

I'm using WF5 and WF4.

Best regards!
JVidal

-----------

Here you can find and excellent software to generate your search.pro automatically:

http://proe.cad.de/downloads/proe.html

Search for Search_Pro_Generator on the download drop-down list

-----------------------------------------------------

I managed to solve my problem.
It has nothing to do with ProE and it has to be the most unbelievable error!

Using the search_pro_generator I created my search.pro file. Since my directories had spaces in their names I needed to enclosed each of the paths in quotes.

I had about 200 directories so, using the CONCATENATE funcion in Microsoft Excel I combined 3 columns 9of the spreadsheet:

1. Column had "
2. Column had my directories
3. Column had "
4. Column was a combination of the 3 previous columns

I then copy/paste the 4th column into notepad and created the search.pro file.

What I didn't noticed was that when I copy/pasted the 4th column the quotes were slightly different and were not recongized by ProE.

I did a replace all within Notepad and it worked!

So, if any of you has the same problem verify that the quotes are the correct ones, or else...

Best regards!
JVidal
Edited by: jvidal

I managed to solve my problem.
It has nothing to do with ProE and it has to be the most unbelievable error!

Using the search_pro_generator I created my search.pro file. Since my directories had spaces in their names I needed to enclosed each of the paths in quotes.

I had about 200 directories so, using the CONCATENATE funcion in Microsoft Excel I combined 3 columns of the spreadsheet:

1. Column A had "
2. Column B had my directories
3. Column C had "
4. Column D was a combination of the 3 previous columns

I then copy/paste the 4th column into notepad and created the search.pro file.

What I didn't noticed was that when I copy/pasted the 4th column the quotes were slightly different and were not recongized by ProE.

I did a replace all within Notepad and it worked!

So, if any of you has the same problem verify that the quotes are the correct ones, or else...

Best regards!
JVidal
Edited by: jvidal

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back