Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ROUNDING UP FRACTIONAL DIMENSIONS

Your question is confusing. You are asking about fractions and then you give an example of decimals.Be more specific. Are you wanting to chang this in the drawing, or in the model. Also are you wanting to just change one dim, or are you wanting to change this globally?

Do you mean you want your dimensions to be rounded to the nearest "LOW" value?

EX:

0.623 = 0.62

0.628 = 0.62 (not 0.63 as it is usually done).

Edited by: Amar B

It is obvious that values 0.626, 0.627, 0.628, 0.629 rounds up to 0.63. Can I round up 0.625 to 0.62 and not 0.63. Is it possible?

@ Sophini -- Sorry for the confussion. While deciding the dimensions, fractional unit system was considered like 5/8", 1 - 1/16" etc. Now we want to upgrade same dimensions to decimal. But we are following general tolerences which depend on the decimal places of the dimension value. eg. 0.625 will have closer tolerence than 0.62 or 0.63. I want to change only the precision of dimension value in the drawing. I want to do this only for some dimensions in the sheet.

Hope I am specific enough this time. Thanks.
smiley16.gif

bhushandhok said:
It is obvious that values 0.626, 0.627, 0.628, 0.629 rounds up to 0.63. Can I round up 0.625 to 0.62 and not 0.63. Is it possible?

I think you mean round DOWN to 0.62 from 0.625.

I have read this over and over and still don't understand what you mean.

I agree, I think you mean round down to 0.62. The only thing i can come up with is to use the dimension override box when you select the dimension in the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back