Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Restructure - Link present after deleting

bas-nor

I moved components from a subassembly to the top level assembly using the restructure command. I later deleted the restructured components from the top level assembly. But the reference created between the subassembly and the top level assembly is still there. When attempting to check in the subassembly, the top level assembly is also needed.

When I use Workspace Relationship Report on the subassembly the top level assembly does not show. But when I use ProE Info->Relations and Parameters for the subassembly I still find the deleted components. The commentis THIS FEATURE IS CURRENTLY SUPRESSED for these components. I have search for supressed/failed/frozen/restructured out/++ in both assemblies without results.

How can I remove this relation? Is there a config-option similar to "cleanup_drawing_dependencies" for models?

I use WF2 and Intralink 3.4

Add the offending components back into the top level assy. The restructure them back to the subassembly, then delete them. I think this will work. Restructure leaves a reference to its action in both action files, that is why I don't use it very often.

you can try opening the version of the model prior to restructure, delete the offending component then save the mode so it becomes the newest version. Then the assembly will have deleted all references to that component. Open the subassy and redefine the component in the subassy. Can't say it will definitely work but worth a try.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back