Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Replace solid with simprep on the drawing

_TL_

Hi all,
I need to replace solid (part) on the drawing, but with following condition: the solid is an instance of family table and special simplified representation is used. It should be replaced by other instance of the same family table, but with the same simplified representation.
Does anybody know the way how to do it by Pro/Toolkit or manually? ProSolidReplace works without error, but Master representation is used always and I don't know how to tell it to preserve/use the simplified representation.
Manually it is impossible, because menu File ~ Properties ~ Drawing Models ~ Replace is grayed.

I am using Wildfire 4.

_TL_,

Yes this is absolutely possible. Follow these steps.

1. <LI>Acquire a ProMdl to the family table instance you want on the drawing. It sounds like you already have this. You may have to call ProMdlDisplay() also.</LI>
    <LI>Acquire a handle to the Part simp rep by calling ProPartSimprepRetrieve().</LI>
    <LI>Use the ProPart simp rep handle in the call to ProDrawingSolidReplace().</LI>

Hope this helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back