Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Renaming number in my Workspace

lsigrandson

I have a similar question that was posted on here not so long ago, except my circumstances are a little different. My company uses ProE/Windchill on a server andwe all havefloating lisenses of ProE on our machines. I'm dealing with importing parts off of my hard drive and saving them to a workspace in Windchill. The files are native to ProE, and they all have unique names for Name and File Name. The hang up is that they all have the same Number, thus I can't check my parts into our server, from my workspace,because Windchill is telling me that the file Numbers are not unique. I've got over 9,000 parts in my workspace like this and it would take me a week to rename each part's Name manually. Is there a way to do this using the Set New Name funtion in the Rename From Workspace command? I'm not sure what to set my wildcards to so that the Number field matches the File and File Name fields. I can manually change 20 or so part files, but I'd like to change all 9,000 at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Select first say 100 of the 9000 files in the workspace. Go to File Rename, and use "AutoNumbering" option in the Number option inside rename window.

This will assign autonumbering for all the files. try if this works.

Is there a numbering scheme that you have?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back