Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

relations

DrWily55

I have an assembly containing a few parts.I need to write relations between the parts, though parmeter values that are the same in each part. Example:

X1:1 = X1:2

X2:1 = X2:2

X3:1 = X3:2

and so on. There are many of these that go from 1 to up to 200 so the relations file becomes very long. Is there a way to use a "thru" statement so they could be written as follows:

X1"thru" X100:1 = X1 "thru" X100:

Maybe not, but it would be nice.

Thanks in advance

<DIV>Never heard of anything like that. Instead of doing it manually, you might want to try creating the relations in Excel by using the Concatenate function and pasting it into Pro/E. See attached spreadsheet for an example.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>2004-11-24_114431_Concatenate.zip</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The real question is, what is this for? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Thanks Jason.

I know about the excel way of doing it. And your right, it works fine.

We use this all the time to control points from part to part. That's about all I can say about that. You can copy relation files and replace session ids, or component ids pretty easy within the editor, but it would be nice to have a shortcut since the amount of components vary between design. Saves all the find, replace and that good stuff.

Thanks anyway.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back