Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Relation driven flexible parameter

g_spy20

Is it possible to control a flexible parameter through the relations?

I have a "Y"/"N" parameter located in a subassembly. And a similar parameter in the assembly. The subassemblyparameter is flexible in the higher level assembly. This is what I would like to do:

subasm: param(sub)= "Y"

asm: if param(asm)="N" then flexible[param(sub)]="N"

if param(asm)="Y" then flexible[param(sub)]="Y"

Thanks.

Yes, using the session id's of the assembly and component.

e.g.

PARAM:5 = PARAM:1

Where :5 is the session id of the subassembly and :1 is the session id of the main assembly.

I am able to use the parameter from the subassembly in my relations if I wish. However I would like to control that parameter once I make it a flexible paramter.

param(sub) is a flexible parameter in the assembly allowing me to control it using flexibility. Now I would like to control a parameter in the assembly and the parameter located in the flexibility feature. I am looking for an ID to change my flexibility option and not my original parameter in the subassembly.

Thanks.

Each flexible instance gets a new session id number...you can seethem from the relations editor. SHOW - SESSION ID and then pick the appropriate Assembly or Part.

I understand how to find a session ID for a standard parameter.

In my assembly I have made a parameter from my subassembly flexible. This allows me to have my parameter equal "NO" in my assembly while simultaniously equalling "YES" in my subassembly. After I have made my parameter flexible I can change it.

While in the assembly: right click(on subassembly) - edit definition - flexibility - variable components - parameters.

This is the value I would like to be able to control in my relations.

Unless I don't have something set right and based on what I'm seeing no you can't control the flexible parameter with a relation. The relation will update the original model parameter but when trying to change the session ID for a flexible part or assembly I get an error that the value can't be assigned.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back