Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Regen issues on family tables

vandewinckel

Good Morning,

I'm using wf4 Date code 130. Is anyone having problems with a flats not updating after the generic has been modified (flat has been verified). Example : I have a part with a flat thatthe hole positionin a pattern table was changed, I made the change to the generic and verified the flat, everything looked ok a this point. I opened the flat file and the updatehas not beenchanged in the flat. I regen'd the flat and nothing changed. The regen in the flat kept allowing it to regen several time without stating "not changedsince last regen" The message on the regen said completedand still let it regen again.I had to edit definition on the hole pattern table for the update to be completed in the flat.

Thanks for any response

This is due to the instance accelerator. Close all instances except the generic, erase not displayed.

Go to File; InstanceOperations;Accelerator Options; Purge all instances, then Update accelerator file.

Save the generic, close it, erase not displayed. Reopen and all instances should now be correct.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back