Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reference Patterns question in Assembly

yelloeng

When creating a pattern using the reference option, is it possible to control where the part you are patterning ends up or the direction of the pattern? I assembled my washer so that it was constrained to the bottom left hole but once the pattern is made, it ends up in the top right hole. I want the 2 right most holes to be empty, but I can only blank the bottom right one, the top right one seems to be pattern making washer no matter where I originally put the washer and it cannot be blanked. I can just manually place washers instead of using a pattern but I'd like to know how to get around this problem for future, larger patterns.

View attachment 5708

View attachment 5709
Edited by: yelloeng

The reason you can't blank the first one is because of the way ProE creates a reference pattern.

The first item in the reference pattern is moved to first item in the original pattern, and that first item can not be removed - the only way to blank it is to

a) redefine the original pattern
b) place all washers individually

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back