Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Quadro Drivers

crichard

All - Does anyone know of a newer version of the Quadro FX 1000 drivers that work for UG other than the certified 43.71 drivers? These are pretty out dated drivers and I'd like to use something newer.

Is it broke? Why would you want to use a newer driver unless there is a problem or some functionality enhancement? Have you spoke with GTAC? What about the on-site (UGS) hardware vendor of the box youare running? Using non-certified drivers can become quite a problem...

We are running both Pro/Engineer and UG on the same machine... PTC certifies a newer driver than UG.. With the suggested driver UG recommends (older) Pro takes almost 3+ minutes to launch. With the PTC recommended driver Pro launches in approx 6 seconds...

Any ideas?

Get rid of Pro Engineer
smiley4.gif
Really - Pro Engineer will accomodate just about any platform and graphics card - pretty nice until you need to stay within some parameters of another software. UGS works pretty hard with the vendors to make sure the cards and drivers work together and deliver the performance necessary. If Pro is having problems starting, could it be your license initiation scheme? Try setting your license to 7601@servername and see if that helps? The 7601 is hte port PTC uses, conversely, UG used to ahve a similar problem until you set the license to 27000@servername, once we started that it was an instant start - now UGS does this in the installation
smiley2.gif

Well - this afternoon I've done some more work and here's what I have going...

43.71 drivers work nice with UG... however, in Pro they cause models to flicker and go haywire... :(

Get rid of Pro? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not a chance. We love Pro up here. :) We're only using UG for a small program which already has existing UG models, otherwise we'd be in Pro.
smiley17.gif

We have had alot of graphic driver problems in the past - especially between systems. Go down just on patch level on teh driver and see what happens... Unfortuantely, graphics card drivers are really written for the gaming industry - we need to read them closely to see if they apply to CAX -- As for Pro - t is a losing battle my friend -- 25K per seat down to 5K per seat and nowthey compete with Solid Edge and Solid Works -- The software is pretty nice I have to admit but the business practices will put them in the dirt...

I have found that usually any driver newer than the certified driver will work on Nvidea cards. We use both UG and Pro/E and have recently started upgrading our drivers to 77.34 or something close to that. It is the latest released driver on the Nvidea site as af last week, it was released in August, 2005.
Edited by: looslib

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back