Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

PS to PDF

jcoleman

I am having a problem with the PS to PDF converter in Pro/E. I need the PDF to be rotated 90 degrees. I am batch printing

through Ghostscript, so I can not simply click the rotate button in Acrobat Reader. I tried adding the ( rotate_plotting yes )command to the acrobat.pcf, which did rotate the drawing 90 degrees, but did not change the paper layout from landscape to portrait. Can anyone help, please?

dr_gallup

Can you set up a special printer in Pro/E which rotates the postscript file?

You can also edit the postscript file before sending it to the Acrobat Distiller with a shell script if you are using UNIX. Find the line near the beginning of the file that looks like this:

%90 rotate 0 -11 72 mul translate

The % sign is a comment character, it keeps that line from being executed (Postscript is an interpeted programming language). Either add or remove the % sign to change the rotation of the plot. You may have to change the media or orientation settings in Ghostscript.

jcoleman

I have added the rotate_plotting yes in the acrobat.pcf file. Which is the proe plotting file. This does rotate the plot, but does not rotate the media. So, I have tried to add the -dORIENT1 command to the ps2pdf.bat file in ghostscript, but I caanot get it to rotate the media. Any other ideas?

Sponsor