Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Protool kit linker errors with MSVC 2005.

Sharath1983

Hello,

I have installed Pro/E wildfire 2.0.
I am trying to develop a Protool kit based utility using MSVC 8.0 or 2005 edition on both x32 and x64 machines.

I created an environment variable at the system level:
PROE_BASE_DIR = C:\EngPrograms\Ptc\proeWildfire2

Below are my settings for the workspaces created on both the machines mentioned above:
Project->Properties->C/C++->Add'n Include Dirs' =
$(PROE_BASE_DIR)\protoolkit\includes;$(PROE_BASE_DIR)\protoo lkit\protk_appls\includes;$(PROE_BASE_DIR)\prodevelop\includ es;
Project->Properties->Linker->Add'nLibrary Dirs' = "$(PROE_BASE_DIR)\prodevelop\x86e_win64\obj";"$(PROE_BASE_DI R)\protoolkit\x86e_win64\obj"

Project->Properties->Linker->Libraries =
odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib protoolkit.lib prodevelop.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib protk_dll.lib prodev_dll.lib

with these settings mentioned above: i am getting below errors:
1>Linking...
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProToolkitMain referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarmenuPushbuttonAdd referenced in function _user_initialize
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProCmdActionAdd referenced in function _user_initialize
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarMenuAdd referenced in function _user_initialize
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProStringToWstring referenced in function _user_initialize
1>C:\Documents and Settings\e452562\Desktop\ProE_Proj\Debug\ProE_Proj.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

You are not using proper MSVS with Pro/E WF2.

MS Visual Studio 2003 is required for WF2 and WF3, MSVS 2005 is for WF4 and 8.0 is for WF5.

Regards,
Tom

Alternatively you could download an older Windows SDK and start MSVS 2005 in that environment. That's a lot of hoops to jump through though.

Hello Sharath,

Once you taken care of the MSVS version,while compile for 32bit and 64bit,You have to install the 64bit compiler settings.By default when install visual studio it is in disable state,enable to work for 64bit settings so that it can appear in application window.

With regards,

Kishore V

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back