Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Progressive Die Design

MGunsK

Is there anyone out there designing progressive dies in Pro E?

If so how are you building your stockstrips?

What is your method for part geometry development?

Have you tried Progressive Die Extention (PDX)?

YES I have design progressive dies with pro. Strip.... we start by unfolding the part so as to see the blank and determine that development. Then start putting parts together in an ASSEMBLY This assembly soon contains every station as individual parts. To that we also add all the connecting web. Add one last part with no features. Do a copy geom on all the surfaces into this part. Solidfy the part and you have a strip.prt. That you can use in your die for design.

Hi Guys
isnt it too lengthy procedure?? I had tried some times pdx but it takes too much time to prepare and develop stations. Whats ur opinion??

I use PDX to build progressive dies. Yes, it does seem to take more time, but what are we comparing it to? Are we talking about doing strips manually in Pro-E, or other softwares like UG or Solidworks or even autocad?
The current version of PDX is 2.2; if you can familiarize yourself reasonably enough, it can be fairly quicker to do a strip. The key is with the type of parts you deal with (bent or formed), the way you model it (easy to group and family table the features), and the understanding/knowledge of strip layouts and progressive dies (to eliminate repeat steps, changing over and over etc.,). If you have any specific questions post it here and I'll try and share my ideas and inputs.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back