Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problems opening solidworks drawing

simedim84

I'm having a problem when opening a saved solidworks drawing. The drawing views automatically becomes hidden and they are shown as something that looks like "big red envelopes". One envelope for every drawing view. If I right-click an envelope and clicks show, then the view is shown.

How do I make the view automatically to become shown when opening the drawing?

Thank you in advance

Edited by: simedim84

Your sldprts and assemblies locations have been moved. When you make a part and save it, then "Make drawing from part" the drawing is "remembering" the location of the part on the server/hard drive for future reference.

It's the same if I emailed the drawing to you without the parts. The drawing knows the parts are on my server but the part is not accessible from your computer.

So check where the parts are located and you can redirect the drawing to find them.

ok, I'll check where the parts are located and see if this is the occasion of the problem. thank you for your answer

This problem occurs when both the files i.e. .prt file & .dwg file are not saved in one folder or some times drawing file may corruptor misplaces .For that ,open a part file and then goto file -make drawing from part - andthen opens .

Mark Wilson

www.indovance.com

Mark,

All my drawings are in a different folder to my parts and my assemblies. I have several different folders from which parts are "pulled from" for any particular drawing. I only had issues when people, not used to the system, either tried to rename a file or relocate a file.

Sorry ! It is not a post for this topic but I can not delete it. So... I modify it. Sorry again.
Edited by: Mihail

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back