Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

Pro/Toon

phoxeoy

It wouldn't matter if your Win OS, I'm on unix which does, supports Dual CPUs; Pro/E does not. This has never made any sense to me why a 3D cad systems with model anylizing tools and complex assembly capabilities would not. Dual CPU's have been around long anuff and I feel it's about time for some support around here. How about people like myself who use multipul programs at once to get the job done. I would like to split the load or share it. Hey, two is better than one.

Speling

Is it possible to tell program what processor to use (that was long ago
and I forget how that works)? I have heard that Alias WaveFront Studio,
Maya etc (one of my spheres of interests) has been in some process of
upgrading to use several processors.

Maybe sometime I was heard something similar for Ptc (especially
for Unix or Linux), but you are prove that isn

dr_gallup

Pro/E will run just fine under windoz on dual processor machines or new dual core CPU's from Intel & AMD. It just doesn't use more than one CPU. But if you are running lots of different apps you can spread the load across the processors. I've got 16 windows open on 2 virtual desktops with a finite element solve going on right now, that is pretty typical. So the cartoon is right on, one CPU is running Pro/E & the other is just siting there twiddling it's thumbs.

hwech

dr_gallup said:
Pro/E will run just fine under windoz on dual processor machines or new dual core CPU's from Intel & AMD. It just doesn't use more than one CPU. But if you are running lots of different apps you can spread the load across the processors. I've got 16 windows open on 2 virtual desktops with a finite element solve going on right now, that is pretty typical. So the cartoon is right on, one CPU is running Pro/E & the other is just siting there twiddling it's thumbs.

Can you explain how one spreads the load around?

Harry

Sponsor