Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Toolkit get the color of a Part

marty_b

Hello :)

I just wanted to get the color of a part with toolkit, but i can't find anything related to this topic in the toolkit-manual. I just thought it would probably be in the Element-tree of the part, but i also couldn't find anything. Probably somebody out there knows how to do it or has an idea for other possibilities.

Thanks.

Marty

Using: ProEngineer Wildfire 4.0

Hi Marty,

in the User's Giude of Pro/TOOLKIT, read the chapter User Interface: Basic Graphics > Graphics Colors and Line Styles.
I think, there you'll find some information about colors.

Best regards, DonChunior

Hi Marty,

in the User's Giude of Pro/TOOLKIT, read the chapter User Interface: Basic Graphics > Graphics Colors and Line Styles.
I think, there you'll find some information about colors.

Best regards, DonChunior

Thanks for the response, but in this chapter I couldn't find what I need. It looks like I can just set default colors and choose a color for the creation of e.g. a part, but cannot determine the color of a selected part/component/feature...

Marty

Hello :)

I just wanted to get the color of a part with toolkit, but i can't find anything related to this topic in the toolkit-manual. I just thought it would probably be in the Element-tree of the part, but i also couldn't find anything. Probably somebody out there knows how to do it or has an idea for other possibilities.

Thanks.

Marty

Using: ProEngineer Wildfire 4.0

I know a way to get part color using Pro Develop API "prodb_get_surface_props()" in WF 5.0 , it returns a properties structure which has R,G,B values set for current model. Try to look something similar in WF 4.0.

Yeah, the function is also called "prodb_get_surface_props" and it's described in the chapter which DonChunior suggested :rolleyes:

I always get PROPS_NOT_SET but that's a different story.

Thank you so far :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back