Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Toolkit csys feature creation

barnlogic

Hi,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I am looking for some sample code for creating an offset Cartesian coordinate system in toolkit. The rest of my code is working and I want to use the mass properties data to place a coordinate system and then do some other stuff.

I have a good handle on everything BUT the csys creation.

I looked in the API wizard and I went crosseyed when I saw all the options ProFeatureCreate. If someone has some sample code or can suggest a better API function call, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

WELCOME TO PRO/TOOLKIT! Read the API Wizard under User's Guide->Creating Datum Features->Datum Coordinate System Features. This will walk you through the steps to create the Csys feature.

It is not simple, you have to create and fill the feature tree correctly. I can have a look for such a code. For which Wildfire do you need it?

Thank you Patrick and _TL_.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

_TL_ if you have some sample code I would really love to see it. Is it too long to cut and paste the fucntion calls here?

Patrick, I appriciate your help. I did go back and have another look at the manual. I cut and pasted the sample code into my project to see how it would work. It creates a csys, but I cannot figure out how to pass information to it to offset it from another csys. I would like to relocate it to the CG of the assembly and then rotate it along the principle axes to diagonalize the intertia tensor. I would like to pass the following mass properties, as I have defined them:

mass_prop.center_of_gravity[0],

mass_prop.center_of_gravity[1],

mass_prop.center_of_gravity[2],

These are the xyz coords to the CG from the csys selected for the mass properties calculations.

Thanks guys! I am grateful for your help.

Hello,

The simple way to do that is to use UDF. You create an User Defined Feature with one feature Csys defined by6 dimensions (xpos, ypos, zpos and 3 angles).

In toolkit you add the UDF and after you can modify the dimension according with value of center of gravity and inertia tensor

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back