Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/MECHANICA Material File

baileye

I have tried to download the 'materials.zip' file located on this site. When I extract the files from the .zip file they come out as "Microsoft Access Table Files" which are just shortcuts. The .MAT extension shows up in the ZIP file listing but is lost when extracted?

I must be doing something wrong!

Eric

No, you have done it correctly.

If you right-click on the files, you can open them with a text editor (like notepad), and you will see the correct files.

As for the extension not showing, it's likely that you have windows explorer set up to hide file extensions of know type - to change it, you need to go to the folder options in explorer & uncheck the Hide extensions for know file types.

we use norton file manager, which allows one to "edit text", aka, read the text file- we run wondows of course, and cant 'read" the files thru windows.

Thanks for the reply. Based on your suggestion to use notepad, I do find that if I open them manually with notepad the information is there. Apparently the .MAT extension was associated with Microsoft Access Table shortcuts. I had to delete the file association to see the .MAT extension.

However, even after removing the association, Pro/E still does not recognize the additional materials. I have modified config.pro pro_material_dir to call out the directory where I added the materials. I have exited Pro and re-initialized and still no materials.

Is there a way to add them easily to the list?

Thanks,

Eric

The .MAT files are used in the actual models - Edit -> setup -> materials.

I haven't found a way for mechanica to use the materials setup in the model for the analysis - has anyone succeded in doing this?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back