Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro graduate

megaladon

how many people do you know have graduated into a new position after starting outusing pro engineer and what do they or you do? do you still use pro engineer occasionally?

Who is that question directed towards?

Graduated? you mean changed positions at a manufacturer? Pro/E users with degrees in engineering graduate to manager positions.

Then economic downturn the managers that don't know Pro/E loose their job.

Edited by: design-engine

it was directed at anyone who had something to share. i'm starting to think aboutwhat field i'll transfer to in 5 years if i'm still doing 100% design work. i would like to get into pro/e admin job but i have a feeling that will get boring after a while. i have an in at a community college to teach pro engineer, auto cad and inventor in 2010 but the pay is no where near what i'm making now.

i would like to hear some stories of where people started and where they are now.

Well first off if you do get the opportunity to teach at a community college don't make the classic mistake and insist students must learn 2d before learning 3d. It is one of the reasons community college training sux so bad and we all know how opinionated I am.

I started with my highschool drafting class in Lilburn GA where my drafting teacher was an enduro racer. I raced motocross and did enduros just to get in shape.Anyway.... I learned autocad at Siemens in Tucker GA around 1985 or so. That computer had 7 1/4 inch drive. I worked there during the first space shuttle explosion.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back